Fun and Exciting Things to Do in Asheville, NC This Weekend
Get ready to make your weekend plans for visiting the beautiful mountain city of Asheville, NC. Here’s a list of some of the best events happening all around the Blue Ridge Mountains.
As you plan your getaway to Asheville, use this easy-to-use accommodations search tool to find the best room availability and rates.
1. Shop at the Tailgate Markets
Shop fresh and local at the Asheville’s area, numerous farmers’ markets, and tailgate markets. You will get to experience some of the finest farm-to-table chefs in town, all searching for the best seasonal ingredients and local flavors.
Eateries like Tupelo Honey Cafe, Sovereign Remedies, and The Market Place are just a few of the many places where you can savor meals prepared with farm-fresh food. Here are some of the open year-round markets you can enjoy on your weekend getaway.
- WNC Farmers Market: Open 7 days a week, year-round. Located at 570 Brevard Road.
- East Asheville Tailgate Market: Open on Fridays from 3-6 p.m. at Grove United Methodist Church on 954 Tunnel Rd.
- ASAP Farmers Market: Open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at AB Tech Campus Bailey Student Center on 340 Victoria Rd.
- North Asheville Tailgate Market: Open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon at UNC Asheville Campus on 1 University Heights.
- Black Mountain Tailgate Market: Open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon at First Baptist Church Parking Lon on 130 Montreat Rd.
2. Visit an Art Studio or Art Exhibition
Western North Carolina is one of the top areas in the country for art. With thousands of extraordinary artists who live in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the city of Asheville is a mecca for artwork, with dozens of galleries scattered throughout downtown Asheville, Biltmore Village, and the River Arts District, and beyond.
Whether you enjoy fine art, photography, sculpture, or woodwork, Asheville art galleries have something for everyone. Here are a few of our favorite art galleries you should visit over the weekend.
- Blue Spiral 1: This large three-floor gallery located in the heart of downtown Asheville presents over 15 shows annually and features contemporary works by over 100 Southeastern artists.
- Folk Art Center: Located in east Asheville, this gallery showcases the finest in traditional and contemporary crafts of the Southern Appalachians. You can browse the Eastern National bookstore, Blue Ridge Parkway information desk, three art galleries, a library, and a craft shop.
- Grovewood Gallery: Known as one of the nation’s premier galleries, Grovewood offers beautifully landscaped sculpture gardens, a working artist’s studio, and an expansive collection of fine American crafts. This gallery is located in the Biltmore Industries in North Asheville.
3. Sip on Wine at These Top Wineries
When you visit Asheville, NC, sample wines at different wineries in the North Carolina mountains and foothills. We have created a winery tour for a fun afternoon where you can chat with the winemakers and stroll through the vineyards.
Many of these locations host special events, including live music and tastings.
- Biltmore Winery: Included in admission to Biltmore Estate, enjoy specialty tastings and a variety of tours. Shop for all the Biltmore wines and plenty of gift items in the Antler Hill Village.
- plēb urban winery: Located in the River Arts District, this is one of the best Asheville wineries for space and ambiance. plēb outsources grapes from local farms and creates small-batched tapped and canned wines.
- Addison Farms Vineyard: A fourth-generation family farm, Addison creates small-batch fine wines and is one of Asheville’s closest wineries, about a 30-minute drive. You can enjoy the plentiful outdoor seating overlooking the farm, mountains, or vineyard.
- Metro Wines: Located at 168 Charlotte Street in Asheville, Metro Wines can help you find the perfect pairing whether you are preparing a date night meal or a special event. They work with some of Asheville’s top event planners, wedding venues, and caterers. Metro Wines is dedicated to working with you on every aspect, providing high-quality wines for the right price Metro Wines is dedicated to working with you on every aspect.
4. Entertainment at Off The Wagon
Asheville is filled with numerous exciting things to do. From farmer’s markets, art galleries, and wineries, there is always something to explore. If you are looking for entertainment, Off The Wagon Dueling Piano Bar hosts dueling piano shows like you never experienced before.
Music isn’t the only thing happening at Off The Wagon.
We also have some of the most delicious drinks in Asheville, along with the best service. Visit our website today, or stop by our business for more information about celebrating a special occasion.