Ghosts, Ghouls, Chills, Thrills, and Pianos
Looking for a way to shake off the cobwebs of a busy schedule and let loose? We’ve got you covered. Head to the Halloween capital of the South… Yes, Asheville, North Carolina.
Ok, we’re going to skip right past the kid-friendly adventures. (There are plenty of family-oriented events; visit Explore Asheville to find them). But for now, adults only, please.
- LaZoom Haunted Comedy Tour. Laugh, cry, scream, drink a beer. Will you see a ghost? 100% guaranteed as you dive into Asheville’s sordid past.
- Unknown Hinson’s Halloween Extravaganza with Barnyard Stompers. This event has a hot mess of a name, but this is can’t-miss music... and stomping. Unknown Hinson never fails to wow the crowd with music, comedy, and weirdness. We love it.
- Dirty Logic. Love Halloween? Love Steely Dan? Yes, of course, you do. Asheville’s own supergroup owns October 31st (at least until you get to Off the Wagon).
- Travers Brothership Halloween Party. Ok, we’re in the mood for bluesy, soulful, rock’n’roll, show-your-date-how-cool-you-are music? Got it. Come here.
- Vintage Kava Halloween Party and Costume Contest. If you have a glue gun, large googly eyes, and some duct tape, put it to use and make yourself a kick-ass costume. You may even win a prize while you’re at it.
- Haunted House and Monster Mash. If you didn’t find Fleetwood's Rock-n-Roll Wedding Chapel scary enough before, watch out. Halloween will see it turn into a Haunted House with a Monster Mash Dance Party. It’s a graveyard smash, y’all.
- Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar. Can Off the Wagon’s talented musicians play “Monster Mash” and perform the Rocky Horror Picture Show line-by-line. Maybe. Maybe. Come test us… we’re gearing up for quite the show on Halloween, and we want you to be the stars. Come dressed as you are… or as you want to be. We love it all.
What are you doing for Halloween? Let’s promise that we’ll eat, drink, and be scary. And we’ll see you at Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar. Trick or treat: you decide!