It has been a long year in Asheville. Everything about our city is fun. Whether you live in western North Carolina or you're a tourist, a few factors that brought you to the area probably include:
- The opportunity to hike thousands of miles of trails within just a short drive of downtown Asheville
- Several mountain biking parks and trail areas such as Bent Creek, Dupont State Forest, Tsali Recreation Area, and much more
- Amazing restaurants and breweries throughout downtown and surrounding areas
- Premium, world-class shopping
- Famous music venues that welcome the best musicians of our time
- Beautiful views of mile-high mountains
There is so much to do in western North Carolina, but throughout the last twelve to fourteen months, people have been stuck inside. Even when you could go hiking, biking, or kayaking, many of the places you would go to eat or drink afterward were closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The people who own and operate those businesses struggled to find new ways to reach customers if possible. Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar simply was not allowed to open per the executive orders of the North Carolina governor (who is an asshole by the way). That meant we were closed for about a year. Our bar was quiet. There was no rock-and-roll piano music, no sounds of drinks being shaken and poor, and no people laughing and dancing. It was unusual and strange.
One of the most exciting places you can go in the city is Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar. We were closed for about a year for the pandemic, but we are back! Here's what you can expect at Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar in Asheville, NC.
What You Can Expect at Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar
While every night here is unique in its own way, here are a few things you can count on every time you're here:
- New Music: We don't have a setlist. We are request-only. You, our audience, create our playlist with your requests. We perform our songs in order of the generosity of tip that comes with the request. $5 requests will always be played ahead of $2 requests. $10 requests jump ahead of $5 requests, and so on.
- Great Drinks: All of our drinks are made with quality and care. You can expect to enjoy whatever you are drinking while you are enjoying a rock-and-roll show.
- Excellent Service: Our bartenders and servers are part of the atmosphere. They may even join in on the show. You can expect to enjoy the service as much as the music.
- Fun: Whether it's just you, your closest friends and family, or you are bringing a group to celebrate a future wedding or graduation, you can count on having a great time at Off the Wagon.
All guests must be at least 21 years of age. While we are still adjusting to life after COVID, Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar is open Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 7 pm - 2a m and Friday and Saturday from 6 pm – 2 am. Check our website to make sure you have all the latest updates about our hours. Contact us for more information.
Looking to hop around Asheville? Here are some more ideas.