Why would you visit Asheville, NC, during the holidays? Here are a few reasons western North Carolina should be at the top of your list:
- The mountains are amazing in every season.
- Hiking during the winter provides unique views that are harder to see when the trees are leaf-covered.
- There are amazing displays of lights and decorations.
- You can find unique gifts in Asheville’s niche retail shops.
- There are world-class art galleries throughout the area.
- You can visit Off The Wagon Dueling Piano Bar while you’re here.
Here are a few things to do in the Asheville area during the holidays.
What to Do During the Holidays in Asheville, NC
1) Visit the National Gingerbread Competition Display: You wouldn't expect gingerbread houses to take your breath away, but if you visit the Omni Grove Park Inn between November 28th and January 2nd, you’ll see gingerbread houses like you never have before.
2) Visit the Biltmore Estate: There is nothing quite like the lights, candles, and decorations that turn Biltmore Estate into a winter wonderland.
3) Climb Aboard the Polar Express: During the Christmas season, the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad in Bryson City transforms into the Polar Express. On an old-timey steam engine, you'll view the Smoky Mountains as you've never seen them before. This unique train ride experience is delightful for both adults and children.
4) View the Arboretum's Lights: The North Carolina Arboretum has one of Asheville's most beautiful light displays. From 5:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. on November 19th, the arboretum's 400+ acres will be transformed into a magical, energy-efficient holiday light show called Winter Lights. You only have till New Year's Day to see the lights, so make your plans as soon as possible.
5) Take a Shopping Trip: Throughout the season, Biltmore Square, the Asheville Outlets, and the Asheville Mall will all feature fantastic deals. However, there are niche small retail shops located across the region, both downtown and in the mountain communities.
Whether you know exactly what you want to get for your loved ones or prefer to browse and let the ideal gifts find you, western North Carolina has everything you need to help you give the best Christmas gifts this season.
6) Attend a Dueling Pianos Event: Visit a dueling piano bar for a very unique holiday experience. You won't find anything more entertaining than our brilliant musicians going toe-to-toe over modern tunes and Christmas songs such as Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” a concept that appears to spring straight out of the Roaring Twenties.
Off The Wagon Dueling Piano Bar
The musicians will dazzle you with their extensive repertoire of popular tunes from the previous fifty years. It's an all-request night, so let the musicians wow you with their skills. It's a rock-and-roll, sing-along atmosphere that's all about having a good time.
We provide some of the best cocktails in town, as well as some of the best service you've ever had. Also, the servers and bartenders will almost certainly become part of the show, so be prepared for anything.
Off The Wagon Dueling Piano Bar in Asheville, NC should be at the top of your Christmas season to-do list. Whether you live in the neighborhood or are simply passing through on vacation, give us a call or stop by.