What You Can Expect When Off The Wagon Reopens
1) You Can Expect Great Music.
When we say we’re a dueling piano bar, we mean we have amazing musicians committed to playing the hits you know and love. Dueling piano shows hit the scene in the late 1890s. Ragtime musicians “dueled” to see who could play better and faster to get the feet pumping. One of the first clubs to feature this type of show was Pat O’Brien’s Bar in New Orleans, which opened in 1933. Two players entertained on copper-top baby grands, taking turns singing tunes the audience requested on cocktail napkins.
As soon as we reopen at Off The Wagon, the dueling piano tradition will be alive and well again. We work with your requests to form our playlist. Start thinking now about what you will want to hear at our dueling piano bar.
2) You Can Expect a Fun Atmosphere.
The music is part of the atmosphere here. Our environment is fun, fun, fun! It is impossible not to have a good time at Off The Wagon. From music to drinks to great service, when we reopen, we will not miss a beat on making sure you enjoy our unique bar and musical experience.
3) You Can Expect Great Drinks.
Part of a fun atmosphere is fun drinks. We have a full list of excrement cocktails and all the drinks you love. You can check out our most recent drink menu here. Some of our favorites include:
- Come Sail Away: Set sail with our island spiced rum, amaretto, and ginger beer
- Man Eater: Lemonade and strawberry martini with spiced, and coconut rums
- Rock You Like a Hurricane: Spiced rum, pineapple, and Hurricane punch brought in from New Orleans
- Wagon Wheel: Citron, Firefly, Sprite, sour and raspberry with a lemon twist
- Apple of My Eye: Our incredible take on southern apple cider pressed straight from the orchard
- Sweet Like Pumpkin Pie: A mixture of cinnamon and pumpkin pie sure to create perfect bliss
When we reopen, you can expect to be served excellent drinks that will only add to the one-and-only dueling piano bar experience.
4) You Can Expect Awesome Service.
Our staff is committed to making sure you experience the highest quality customer service. You can expect friendly servers who want you to have a great time. We will do everything in our power to make sure you will enjoy every part of your experience when we reopen.
5) You Can Expect a Safe Environment.
When we reopen, you can count on our staff to maintain a safe and sanitary environment. If we are already open, depending on when you are reading this, we are taking the necessary precautions to make our bar as safe as possible. We want you to feel safe and healthy throughout your experience at our dueling piano bar. When we reopen, know that we are here for you.
We are already so excited about returning to seeing you great drinks, providing the best service, and regaling you with the music you love. During normal times, we are the place to go in Asheville whether you are a long-time resident, visiting for the weekend, or celebrating with a group. For more information about what it takes to come see us, contact us. Keep checking our website for word about reopening.