- Accessibility. Asheville is the coolest city close to wherever you are in the Carolinas, Tennessee, and Georgia.
- Outdoors. You have miles and miles of beautiful country to explore here.
- Food. There is not a better city for food in the South.
- Shopping. You got some graduation money, so treat yourself to some of the best shopping in the Carolinas.
- Fun. Asheville is synonymous with fun.
- Careers. There is a great job market here, so you might be networking while you’re partying.
- Off the Wagon. We have a dueling piano bar perfect for hosting your graduation party event.
What Is a Dueling Piano Bar?
Dueling pianos is a form of musical entertainment, usually on stage with two pianos played by professional musicians who sing and entertain. The format originated in late 1986 at Alley Cats in Dallas, Texas, and was based on the old-style pianos still found at Pat O’Brien’s Bar in New Orleans. A typical dueling piano show normally features the two-piano working as a team throughout the night, taking the audience’s requested songs.
Generally, the song requester will tip the piano players when a song request is made. Dueling piano bars are exceptionally fun during a college graduation celebration because players will play the university’s fight song or whichever college is requested. This often results in bidding wars between alumni and students of various universities in attendance.
Off the Wagon in Asheville, North Carolina, is proud to carry the dueling piano tradition and provide an enjoyable atmosphere with tasty drinks for all kinds of celebrations.
Why You Should Host Your Graduation Party at Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar
A few reasons you should host your graduation party here include:
- Dueling Pianos: We are a dueling piano bar, just like you would picture in the Roaring 20’s. It’s 2021, so get in here and see the show. You will love to see the tradition of dueling pianos in action.
- Music: At Off the Wagon, we run an all-request show: if you want to hear it, we will play it. Just try to stump us. We dare you! Of course, you will need to remember how the tips work if you want your song to be played. You, our audience, create our playlist with your requests. We perform our songs in order of the generosity of tip that comes with the request. $5 requests will always be played ahead of $2 requests. $10 requests jump ahead of $5 requests, and so on.
- Atmosphere: You're part of the action. Sing along, dance, banter with the staff, and enjoy the electric energy of a dueling piano bar. Here, you will find a lively environment that is tailor-made for celebrating. You’ll get lost in the show and forget all about how difficult it has been the past couple years.
- The Drinks: Make a toast to the future with fun drinks and shots. If you’re celebrating with us at Off the Wagon, we would be remiss if we didn’t recommend Jet Fuel.
- Our Staff: Here at Off the Wagon, our staff is part of the show. They work tirelessly to maintain the perfect atmosphere for your college graduation party. You can count on them to make sure you have a great experience.
- Health and Safety: We follow strict guidelines to ensure our space is as safe and sanitary as possible. Our protocols are consistent with the CDC, state, and local guidelines put in place to provide the maximum amount of protection for our staff and guests.
If you are convinced that dueling pianos are the answer for your graduation party or event, you can plan to have your party at our bar.
We are located in historic downtown Asheville. You and your guests can enjoy a day of hiking or mountain biking, then finish the day here at Off the Wagon.
If you need more information, just give us a call. Otherwise, come see us prepared for the graduation party that you hoped for. We can’t wait to meet you!
Looking for even more ideas on what to do in Asheville? Here's a shortcut.