Asheville is a cool city. It is literally five to ten degrees cooler than other nearby cities like Greenville, Knoxville, and Charlotte. But that's not what we mean.
There are not many places the size of our city that have half of the cool things we have:
- From the River Arts District to the many galleries downtown and in every small mountain town, nowhere does art like western North Carolina.
- If you like cool music, we have some of the best big venues and tiny music halls you can find in the South.
- Our metropolitan is surrounded by hundreds of thousands of the most untouched acreage on the East Coast. There are thousands of miles of hiking and mountain biking trails to explore.
- When it comes to cool, nothing will send shivers down your spine, quite like a plunge in a waterfall or racing down river rapids on a raft with a few of your closest friends.
- Mountain biking is a decidedly cool sport. We have hundreds of miles of biking trails and some of the best trail systems and parks in the Southeast.
- We have cool sights like the Pinball Museum, Biltmore Estate, and historic Grove Park Inn.
- Our area is known for having a high concentration of craft breweries and amazing restaurants.
Whether you are in town for a getaway or you are a resident of the coolest town on the East Coast, you need to make sure you check out the coolest bar in town. What could be cooler than a dueling piano show?
The Coolest Bar in Town – Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar
Off the Wagon is the idea of local businessmen Benjamin Reese (majority owner) and Jess Mills (minority owner), with the goal of bringing the greatest in entertainment and good times to Asheville's downtown environment.
Benjamin Reese, a local son, grew up seeing Asheville evolve from a quiet town to a busy tourist destination. He departed for several years to serve his nation, and when he returned, he realized the need for a live, interactive entertainment venue that offered the best quality music, beverages, and service to both residents and tourists.
If you've never seen a dueling piano show, get ready for a crazy and fun-filled evening like you've never experienced. The musicians will dazzle you with their repertoire of thousands of famous songs over the previous fifty years as an entertainment venue.
There is no setlist, and the presentation is entirely based on audience requests.
Just inquire, and you'll be surprised at how many songs they recognize from when you initially cranked up the music in your car and shouted at the top of your lungs.
If you want to beat the summer heat in the coolest bar in town, come check out Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar.